Senior Android Developer
Founded to change billions of lives, Ding is currently the fastest growing consumer tech company of scale in Ireland.
76% of the world’s five billion mobile phones are prepaid and a quarter of those are out of top-up. Lack of mobile access holds everything back. Families can’t stay connected, knowledge isn't shared, and new forms of e-commerce can’t be taken advantage of and therefore take longer to develop. This holds countries back, slowing economic development and curtailing living standards.
We have built the largest international mobile top-up platform that makes transferring top-up as frictionless as possible. We created the category which has given us unparalleled experience and have invested (and continue to do so) more than anyone else in improving the user experience.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Android Developer to join our Mobile App Development team. The successful candidate will lead the Android side of the team and take ownership over driving the discipline forward.
This is an amazing chance to join a growing international tech company who have implemented a company-wide Kanban/Agile methodology. In this role you will work within a highly engaged mobile team comprising iOS and Android developers with embedded Product and QA functions. You will have a visible impact on our app with a release cycle of every two weeks.
- Collaborate with a small and autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions
- Work to deliver the product roadmap by collaborating with Product, QA, Design, backend teams and Analytics to deliver the right solutions
- Define standards and practices within the Android discipline and mentor other members
- Work with Kanban and agile methodologies
- Design and implementation of Android apps with a modern stack, adhering to Android development best practices
- Contribute clean, secure, maintainable and testable code to the product
- Develop native UIs and features, with code optimised for performance and user experience
- 5+ year’s commercial experience building complex applications for Android mobile devices
- Deep understanding of modern Android development, including writing readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Kotlin and/or Java
- Experience with Android development tools
- Can operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Experience of integrating with services using technologies such as JSON and REST
- A creative thinker with strong analytical, communications and interpersonal skill
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI) and Unit Testing on Android
- Commercial experience in the development of compelling, high volume, high performance business-to-consumer Mobile Apps
- Ability to lead mobile development through to completion
- Professional experience with Kotlin
- Professional experience with RxJava and Retrofit
- Familiarity with dependency injection frameworks
- You enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You have the ability to think on the fly
- You will have a ‘put user first’ mentality
- You will have a good sense of ownership
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami, Paris, and San Salvador. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice