Junior NOC Engineer
Founded to change billions of lives, Ding is currently the fastest growing consumer tech company of scale in Ireland.
76% of the world’s five billion mobile phones are prepaid and a quarter of those are out of top-up. Lack of mobile access holds everything back. Families can’t stay connected, knowledge isn't shared, and new forms of e-commerce can’t be taken advantage of and therefore take longer to develop. This holds countries back, slowing economic development and curtailing living standards
We have built the largest international mobile top-up platform that makes transferring top-up as frictionless as possible. We created the category which has given us unparalleled experience and have invested (and continue to do so) more than anyone else in improving the user experience. The NOC team are central to Ding’s success; ensuring that outages are dealt with swiftly minimising any impact on the user and to Ding’s revenue.
Ding currently have an exciting opening for a Junior NOC Engineer to join the team in our Dhaka office. This role will give somebody the opportunity to be part of a team that ensures 24/7 availability of our networks. This essential role will involve troubleshooting and resolving issues, escalating to the necessary stakeholders and at all times providing exceptional support enabling us to maintain the position of the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world.
- Work as part of a 24/7 NOC monitoring team providing world class support to our internal stakeholders and our partners
- Troubleshoot issues related to all aspects of our systems from website, server, network and database.
- Identify situations where escalation to our level 2 support team when required.
- Monitor multiple alert and monitoring tools to identify possible system issues.
- Create daily reports to share outage updates with fellow team members and the wider stakeholders in our business.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule day shift and nightshift
- Experience managing, supporting network infrastructures
- Previous experience in identifying issues and successfully following them through to completion
- Familiarity with one (or more) of the following monitoring tools – Nagios, Zabbix, Datadog
- Knowledge in managing and supporting VPN’s
- Exposure working in a busy technical support environment
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami, Paris, and San Salvador. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice