Founded to change billions of lives, Ding is currently the fastest growing consumer tech company of scale in Ireland.
76% of the world’s five billion mobile phones are prepaid and a quarter of those are out of top-up. Lack of mobile access holds everything back. Families can’t stay connected, knowledge isn't shared, and new forms of e-commerce can’t be taken advantage of and therefore take longer to develop. This holds countries back, slowing economic development and curtailing living standards
We have built the largest international mobile top-up platform that makes transferring top-up as frictionless as possible. We created the category which has given us unparalleled experience and have invested (and continue to do so) more than anyone else in improving the user experience.
This role presents an interesting opportunity for a passionate UI/UX designer who enjoys a challenge. You’ll be joining the design team at an exciting time as we’re in the process of redesigning many of Ding’s products. You will work closely with internal teams to design cutting edge interfaces for our website and applications. You’ll always put the user’s needs first and understand the importance of balancing usability, performance and beautiful design to create the best possible experience.
You will have experience following an iterative design process, starting with user research, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, usability tests, high fidelity prototypes to final pixel perfect UI screens that can be handed over to developers seamlessly. You will work with reusable components, design systems and visual guidelines to maintain consistency across the products.The Role
- You will review & evaluate new and existing user experiences
- You will collaborate with UI, UX, Graphic and visual designers to create engaging and brand appropriate layouts and content
- You will be working across app or web to create consistent engaging experiences.
- You will work with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client and user needs.
- You will be involved in the entire creative process including creative concepting, rapid prototyping, high fidelity visual execution and interaction design
- You will validate design assumptions through testing
- You will co-ordinate your design activity with the team – your manager, your team mates, product management etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a UI designer working on ecommerce platforms
- A keen interest in UX trends, tools and techniques
- Up to speed with current UI design patterns and tools
- Experience designing for mobile apps and responsive websites essential
- Proven track record of impacting conversion rate through design solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Portfolio demonstrating both design process and pixel perfect UI is essential
- In-depth understanding of visual design principles: colour theory, hierarchy, symmetry & Balance
- Experience using Sketch, Adobe suite, InVision, After effects, Zeplin, UXPin (or other wireframing tools).
- Experience with interaction tools: AE, Principle, Framer or similar
- An understanding of HTML and CSS
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Working in an fast paced iterative environment taking products from ideation to realisation
- Ability to discern and apply UX best practices.
- Outstanding visual design abilities
- Ability to prioritise user needs and business needs
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami, Paris, and San Salvador. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice