Founded to change billions of lives, Ding is currently the fastest growing consumer tech company of scale in Ireland.
76% of the world’s five billion mobile phones are prepaid and a quarter of those are out of top-up. Lack of mobile access holds everything back. Families can’t stay connected, knowledge isn't shared, and new forms of e-commerce can’t be taken advantage of and therefore take longer to develop. This holds countries back, slowing economic development and curtailing living standards
We have built the largest international mobile top-up platform that makes transferring top-up as frictionless as possible. We created the category which has given us unparalleled experience and have invested (and continue to do so) more than anyone else in improving the user experience.
This role presents an interesting opportunity for a passionate UI/UX designer who enjoys a challenge. You’ll be joining the design team at an exciting time as we’re currently iterating and improving upon many of Ding’s products. You will work closely with internal teams to design best in class solutions for our website and applications. You’ll always put the user’s needs first but understand the importance of balancing functionality, usability, performance and aesthetics to create the best possible experience.
You will have experience following the user centred design process and have the ability to contribute at all stages from user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design and testing. You will help build our design system using visual guidelines to maintain consistency across the products, adding new reusable components when necessary.
- You will be working on both native app and web platforms
- You will drive the user centred design process from the research phase through wireframing, prototyping, visual design and testing
- You will co-ordinate your design activity with the team – your manager, your team mates, product management and engineering
- You will work with internal stakeholders to define requirements and provide solutions that meet business goals
- You will conduct research and use existing customer data to define requirements and provide solutions that meet user needs
- You will critically assess & analyse new and existing user experiences
- You will collaborate with product designers, digital designers and copywriters to deliver best in class results
- You will validate design assumptions through user testing
- You will assess solutions through performance tracking and user testing
- Minimum 2 years working as a product or UX/UI designer with experience in both mobile app and responsive design
- A solid understanding of UX trends, tools and techniques
- Comfortable conducting collaborative workshops
- Comfortable conducting user and stakeholder interviews/surveys
- Experience defining use cases/scenarios and journey maps
- An ability to translate user feedback and research results into functional prototypes
- An strong interest in UI trends
- An in-depth understanding of visual design principles (colour theory, typography, hierarchy etc.)
- A desire to contribute to and develop an efficient and consistent design system
- An ability to contribute to pleasurable design efforts
- Experience working within accessibility standards
- Experience using Sketch, Zeplin & InVision
- Experience with interaction tools: AE, Principle, Framer, Invision Studio or similar
- Experience working directly with developers to deliver the final solution
- Portfolio demonstrating both UX process and UI execution
- Proven track record of positive impact through design solutions
- Working in an fast paced iterative environment taking products from ideation to realisation
- Ability to discern and apply UX best practices
- Outstanding visual design abilities
- Ability to prioritise user needs and business goals
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami, Paris, and San Salvador. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice