Junior SQL Server Database Administrator
Founded to change billions of lives, Ding is currently the fastest growing consumer tech company of scale in Ireland.
76% of the world’s five billion mobile phones are prepaid and a quarter of those are out of top-up. Lack of mobile access holds everything back. Families can’t stay connected, knowledge isn't shared, and new forms of e-commerce can’t be taken advantage of and therefore take longer to develop. This holds countries back, slowing economic development and curtailing living standards.
We have built the largest international mobile top-up platform that makes transferring top-up as frictionless as possible. We created the category which has given us unparalleled experience and have invested (and continue to do so) more than anyone else in improving the user experience.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Data Administrator to join our Infrastructure team. The successful candidate will be responsible for administrating and developing a number of large scale SQL Server database systems comprising of both high-volume transaction processing and data warehouse environments.
- Managing physical, virtualised and clustered SQL Server instances
- Ensuring the highest level of system security, reliability and performance are maintained
- Performance tuning and optimisation including SP/SQL execution, locking issues and system utilisation.
- Work closely with our development and data warehouse teams to ensure production changes are checked and verified
- Managing database backups and disaster recovery
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role with experience of SQL Server 2012/2014
- Strong T-SQL programming skills
- Some understanding of cloud-based database architectures/technologies
- Knowledge of PowerShell and/or other scripting languages
- Experience of MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ a definite plus
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux systems in a complex data centre environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Some experience on SAN configuration and management
- A forward-looking attitude to database technologies, choosing solutions that best meet our longer-term business needs
- Knowledge of cloud-based RDBMS systems, e.g. AWS RDS, Azure, a plus
- You love working for a fun company….. and BTW, Ding is certainly that!!!!
- You enjoy the thought of being able to work in a rapidly expanding company and are comfortable working on own initiative as well as in a team
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami, Paris, and San Salvador. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice