Associate Product Manager
Founded to change billions of lives, Ding is currently the fastest growing consumer tech company of scale in Ireland.
76% of the world’s five billion mobile phones are prepaid and a quarter of those are out of top-up. Lack of mobile access holds everything back. Families can’t stay connected, knowledge isn't shared, and new forms of e-commerce can’t be taken advantage of and therefore take longer to develop. This holds countries back, slowing economic development and curtailing living standards.
We have built the largest international mobile top-up platform that makes transferring top-up as frictionless as possible. We created the category which has given us unparalleled experience and have invested (and continue to do so) more than anyone else in improving the user experience.
Reporting directly to the Product Manager, you will create experiences that will delight and engage our online users. The products you build will be used by hundreds of thousands of people who will expect a world class service when topping up their own phones and those of family and friends. As such user research, knowledge of key online technologies, product roadmap planning, analytical measurement and go to market planning are key aspects of this role. As Associate Product Manager you will be expected to work with the Product team to lead Product thinking and innovation in your product area.
- Acting as the subject matter expert for online customer facing Ding Products
- Working with the Product Manager through the product life-cycle from strategic planning to tactical product management activities. This includes acting as product representative on one or more agile teams as you roll out features for your product set across both web and mobile apps
- Collaborating on business cases for major new product initiatives
- Working closely with Technology, Analytics and UX / UI Design to provide the input needed to guide the product development effortCreation of product requirements to establish crystal clarity on product definition for all stakeholders, including the agile delivery team, to ensure they understand business context for features on the roadmap
- Collaborating on Go to Market and Rollout Plans for products to ensure that they are packaged and positioned accurately and in their best light for success
- Finessing product requirements for new features and products by conducting user research supported by on-going communications with internal stakeholders, customers, and with internal customer-facing organisations
- Publishing reports and key metrics across the product set for consumption by internal stakeholders
- Active contribution and participation in wider initiatives and improvements across the Product Team. Including but not limited to the monthly Product Community of Practice and regular Roadmap Review sessions
- 1-2 years working with online customer facing products
- Experience working with mobile technologies an advantage
- Bachelors Degree in Technology, Computer Science, Product Management or similar
- You should want to work in a fast-paced eCommerce business and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving, communication and organisation skills
- Self-motivated and results driven with a high level of initiative and desire to get things done
- Passionate about product management with a willingness to introduce change and challenge existing priorities, processes and procedures
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami, Paris, and San Salvador. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice