Senior Business Development Manager - South America
Founded to change billions of lives, Ding is currently the fastest growing consumer tech company of scale in Ireland.
76% of the world’s five billion mobile phones are prepaid and a quarter of those are out of top-up. Lack of mobile access holds everything back. Families can’t stay connected, knowledge isn't shared, and new forms of e-commerce can’t be taken advantage of and therefore take longer to develop. This holds countries back, slowing economic development and curtailing living standards.
Reporting to Vice President of Business Development, Americas, Ding is currently looking for an experienced Business Development Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated professional with a proven record in Business Development and an appetite for travel to immerse themselves in Local markets to explore and lead the next stage of B2B geographical expansion for the company.
This role will involve developing new digital, retail and distribution partners across South American markets to sell Ding products. You will also be responsible for reviewing sales figures and coordinating marketing campaigns to push sales and create awareness about our product.
This is a contract based in either Argentina or Chile. This role will require significant travel within the region and potential travel to Ding offices in Ireland and the USA. This is an exciting chance to Top-Up your career with the world’s largest mobile top-up network; an amazing opportunity not to be missed!
What will you be doing day to day?
- Identify potential Ding sales and distribution partners across the region
- Drive Sales and POS locations across the region
- Increase company footprint at a retail level and potentially Wholesale if the opportunity arises.
- Project manage all partners through full relationship lifecycle from inception to maturity
- Complete partner visits as well as regular phone and in person prospecting
- Follow a sales process, overcome objections and find solutions to maximize revenue
- Commercial awareness; understand business dynamics and have the ability to spot new sales opportunities and identify potential customers
- Work with both internal and external users to ensure company
- Undertaking and preparing research documents on a wide range of subjects,
- Identify revenue opportunities based on company growth strategies and key
- Develop industry and account relationships to leverage during the sales process
- Analyse and present weekly/monthly analytics reports to Management
- Other ad-hoc duties as they arise
This is the background and skills we would like our new colleague to have;
- 4 – 8 years’ experience in a sales driven environment – International Long Distance, Money Remittance, telecom, FMCG or experience in managing high end retail relationships across multiple markets would be an advantage.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills in Spanish and English. Other languages such as Portuguese are a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced competitive environment
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize workload with minimal
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of remittance and migration trends across the region
- Great at negotiating and love to influence and build new relationships
- Customer focused and a natural problem solver
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami, Paris, and San Salvador. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice