Mid-level Automation Engineer
Founded to change billions of lives, Ding is currently the fastest growing consumer tech company of scale in Ireland.
76% of the world’s five billion mobile phones are prepaid and a quarter of those are out of top-up. Lack of mobile access holds everything back. Families can’t stay connected, knowledge isn't shared, and new forms of e-commerce can’t be taken advantage of and therefore take longer to develop. This holds countries back, slowing economic development and curtailing living standards
We have built the largest international mobile top-up platform that makes transferring top-up as frictionless as possible. We created the category which has given us unparalleled experience and have invested (and continue to do so) more than anyone else in improving the user experience.
Ding has an excellent opportunity for a QA Automation Engineer to join the Bucharest team that has been expanding over the past 18 months. This position offers the successful candidate the exposure of working on both backend and frontend, web and mobile applications. Our QA team have been instrumental in guaranteeing our users have the best experience and we are looking for that same standard in our newest member.
- Maintain, develop and extend the automation projects and framework
- Decide on the best candidates for automation and implement new test scenarios
- Debug and analyse failing tests, report bugs, track defects resolution up to completion
- Contribute to acceptance and regression testing efforts
- Support the team in releasing new functionality on a frequent basis
- Ensure all relevant team members are aware of potential blockers
- Develop a strong knowledge of the high dependency multi-tiered architecture
- Review user stories and provide support to product managers in delivering requirements to the development team
- Champion excellent quality within the team; push high standards in all aspects of development
- Develop a deep understanding of the Kanban methodologies the teams within Ding use
- Provide guidance to colleagues and junior team members (in automation or air hockey table 😊)
Desired Experience and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in a software testing role with 3+ years’ experience in automation of backend/frontend tests
- Hands-on experience with Selenium WebDriver in C#, Java, Python etc
- Ability to interrogate databases using SQ
- Experience using REST API testing tools (Postman, JMeter, SoapUI, etc.)
- Solid experience of product and testing tools such as JIRA Agile, Kanbanize, TCLab, Bugzilla, Test Rail etc.
- Ability to manage frequent release cycles
- Strong ability to report functional defects through deep understanding of how system operates
- Strong understanding of the SDLC
- Comfortable with multi-tasking across different products and stages of the project life cycle
Nice to have
- Experience in testing backend applications and databases
- Exposure to build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Octopus Deploy
- Experience with Specflow, Cucumber, BDD, Gherkin syntax, Browserstack Automate, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMq, Git
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean environment
- A relevant third-level degree such as Computing, Computer Science or related
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami, Paris, and San Salvador. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice