Financial Accountant - Newly Qualified - 12 Month Contract
Founded to change billions of lives, Ding is currently the fastest growing consumer tech company of scale in Ireland.
76% of the world’s five billion mobile phones are prepaid and a quarter of those are out of top-up. Lack of mobile access holds everything back. Families can’t stay connected, knowledge isn't shared, and new forms of e-commerce can’t be taken advantage of and therefore take longer to develop. This holds countries back, slowing economic development and curtailing living standards.
We have built the largest international mobile top-up platform that makes transferring top-up as frictionless as possible. We created the category which has given us unparalleled experience and have invested (and continue to do so) more than anyone else in improving the user experience. We now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Financial Accountant to join our busy Finance team on a temporary basis.
In this role you will work with a team of accountants providing valuable assistance with meeting month end deadlines. This is a high-volume role which will require enthusiasm and dedication from the get go and a fantastic opportunity to gain some amazing experience in a dynamic, international company.
This is a high volume role which will require enthusiasm and dedication from our newest team member from the get go! The successful candidate will work with a team of accountants and will;
- Prepare Monthly P&L Management accounts:
- Post overhead accruals and prepayments
- Manage petty cash and credit card monthly postings
- Assist in monthly costs of sales preparations and analysis
- Prepare gross margin report
- Review P&L accounts and analysis
- Update monthly accounts pack
- Complete management cost packs
- Prepare Monthly Balance sheet:
- Consolidate companies with detailed analysis of accounts
- Reconcile Balance sheet accounts
- Weekly overhead invoice posting
- Submit various tax requirements (VAT3, Moss, EVR, US Financial returns quarterly)
- Assist with audit preparation
- Accounting System (Great Plains) year-end close
- Ad-hoc reports/analysis as required
- You’re fully qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- You have experience in industry
- You demonstrate good judgment
- You have amazing attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure and produce a high volume of work under tight deadlines
- You have excellent excel skills and get a kick out of complicated formula
- And if you possessed experience in Great Plains that would be an advantage!
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami and Paris. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice